Friday, October 20, 2006

Scanner traffic: A close encounter of the fox kind

Sorry I haven't posted in, well, almost a month. I've found that's the trouble with blogging "on the side" as a reporter -- there are periods when I just don't have the time (or don't make the extra time) to make sure I blog regularly.

That being said, here's a curious report I heard on the scanner last night: Local rescue and police were responding between 4:30-5 p.m. to a report of two people who had apparently been bitten by a fox. The fox encounter happened at the Trapp Family Lodge. It didn't sound like those bitten were in serious danger, but it goes to show what happens sometimes when human and animal meet. I'll probably follow up on this one in the police blotter for the coming week's newspaper.

On a related note, reporter Lisa McCormack takes a look this week at the prevalence of skunks in our area. The clincher comes at the end of a sidebar she wrote along with the story about her own recent encounter: "And Snuggles’ nose still smells skunky when she cuddles up with us in bed at night."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home